Saturday 28 July 2007

HOT: Raw Food School, 3-4 Archer Street, Soho

A 4 hour talk and food demonstration about the raw and living food philosophy – basically, that to get the full nutrients of food it should not be heated above 44 degrees, and there’s no meat, fish or dairy. Whilst interesting, I really don't think I could do it full time - I like cake and cooking and everything seemed to involve whizzing things in a blender. But I think I will try to integrate more raw food into my diet as the teachers were glowing with supernatural health and energy.

It can’t have had that much of an impact though, as immediately afterwards I went to the Nordic Bakery and ate a chewy Swedish cinnamon bun while sitting in the sun in Golden Square, then bought a potato and olive loaf at my local Baker and Spice - home of even better flaky cinnamon buns and lovely scones.

No comments: