Wednesday 30 April 2008

HOT: L Restaurant & Bar, 2 Abingdon Road, Kensington

A great find off Kensington High Street which even got the Huy seal of approval, and we all know he doesn't hold back if something is below par. The menu was Modern European with Spanish influences and my scallops with chorizo starter and grilled sea bass main were perfectly cooked and delicious. Dessert was let down by a lack of imagination - if I hadn't wanted to extend my very enjoyable night with my bestest friends I probably wouldn't have bothered with it. The place was completely packed on a Saturday night and the classy undergound fitout was saved from gloominess due to its conservatory glass roof. The service was a bit space cadet ('Crutches? Aren't they in the sleeves of your coat?) but sweet and friendly. The best thing - 50% through toptable, so my 3 course meal (without wine) came to £24.

No comments: