Friday 30 May 2008

HOT: Saf Restaurant, 152 Curtain Road, Shoreditch, EC2A 3TA

Dinner at a vegan, raw food restaurant on a Friday night? I'm such a wild party animal. However, it seemed like a logical choice as Vanessa is currently on a strict dietary plan, plus I was curious to find out whether such food could be appetising. Well, I can confirm that on its own merits, this chic restaurant is fantastic - and you can walk out feeling angelic for being super-healthy. Our food was beautifully presented and there is no compromise in flavour despite the restricted ingredients. As poor Vanessa was late by an hour due to tube nightmares, I fortified myself with the delicious Boursin Trio of 'cheese' (made of nuts) and then ploughed my way like a manic food critic through beetroot ravioli, some of Vanessa's maki roll, wild mushroom croquette, macadamia cheese caprese salad, almond cheese plate, the tofu from Vanessa's Budda Bowl and the apple cheesecake.

No comments: